Apr 22, 2024  
2022-2023 Academic Bulletin (Jan 2023 Ed) 
2022-2023 Academic Bulletin (Jan 2023 Ed) [ARCHIVED CATALOG]

Progress, Promotion and Graduation

Students must achieve satisfactory academic progress in order to receive federal financial aid. The Financial Aid Department’s satisfactory academic progress standards mirror the academic progress policies of the College of Graduate Health sciences. A student who is found to not be making academic progress by the college is not eligible for federal financial aid. This rule may also apply to state, institutional, and private funds. For more information refer to CenterScope, Satisfactory Academic Progress, (http://catalog.uthsc.edu).

Requirements and procedures for academic progress, admission to degree candidacy, and degree completion are located on the college policy page (http://cghs.uthsc.edu/CollegeInfo/index.php?page=Policies).

Requirements regarding the maximum length of time to complete the Master of Science or the Master of Dental Science degrees is outlined on the College of Graduate Health Sciences Bylaws available at http://cghs.uthsc.edu/CollegeInfo/Policies/Residency-Requirements-Masters.pdf and for the Doctor of Philosophy (PhD) is available at http://cghs.uthsc.edu/CollegeInfo/Policies/Residency-Requirements-Doctor-of-Philosophy.pdf.

Students within the College may take courses offered by other colleges at UTHSC if those courses advance the student’s plan of study. Because these courses cannot substitute for a degree program’s core courses, a limited number of credit hours from such courses may be counted toward degree completion. Students may apply credit from courses taken in another college at UTHSC toward their degree to the extent that these credits do not exceed 25% of the total number of credit hours for the degree. Individual programs may require that 100% of credit hours for degree be derived from courses in the CGHS curriculum. This policy differs from the “Transfer of Course Credit” policy in that this policy applies only to courses taken in other colleges at UTHSC.